#25: Woodworking with Wild Wood Figure
In this week's episode, we have guest Robin Lewis on all the way from Australia to chat about dealing with wood figure when woodworking. Figure can mean tons of tearout and other issues if you don't pay attention, and talk about tips to avoid these pitfalls.
What are we working on?
- Zack: Flags
- Johnny: Waterfall Coffee Table
- James: DRESSER DRESSER DRESSER!!!!!
- Robin: Pencil Holder
Show Topic: Woodworking with Wild Wood Figure
- Johnny: Upgrading to helical head jointer and planer to help deal with this. For Robin, how do Aussie woods differ and how do you manage?
- James: Scraper and Perfectly set hand plane. Curly Oak
Q & A:
If Robin is on, I'd like to hear about wood availability in his location. I've heard plywood is prohibitively expensive.
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: The Cutting Bored, Zach
- James: Traditional Soap Finish, with Christopher Schwarz
- Zack: Salamone’s one legged cabinet, Design: The Definitive Visual History
- Robin: Jord’s Woodshop