#48: Who Inspires Us As Makers?
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack who inspires us as makers and content creators.
We’re on Patreon!
We've recently added $250 goal for weekend show. We've got tons of support levels, a weekly After Show, monthly hangouts, and more. Top patrons this week are Make Build Modify, Master of None, and Deby Brooke!!
What’s new/ what are we working on?
- Zack: Industrial Shelf, Fabtech, Bushmills Chandelier, TV thing? ,Mail--Blacksmithing--openers, fobs, Leather, Shop-truck
- Johnny: Dining table, put out slab table video
- James: Saw Till, French Cleats, Spring Pole Lathe, I was on the Modern Woodworkers Association Podcast (Episode 148, Episode 149)
Show Topic: Who Inspires Us As Makers?
- Zack: Richard Proenneke - Alone in the Wilderness, Jimmy Diresta, Marcus Aurelius
- Johnny: Bob Clagett, Making It Podcast, Marc Spagnuolo, Grant Batson
- James: No one source or couple. I find that I am inspired by new locations all the time. Estate sales and auctions, museums, running through the woods.
Dad Rambles Workshop:
Thinking about welding, is a stick a good starter or should I skip straight to MIG? Workshoever welded before
Johnny, did you ever put a finish on your Roubo bench?
What's a skill or technique that's outside of your comfort zone that some other maker (or other source) has inspired you to learn?
Joke of the week
What program do woodworkers use for cooking? Ketchup.
Why can’t you build a chicken coop with 4 doors? It would be a chicken sedan.
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
Johnny: KingPost TimberWorks
James: Heath Knuckles epoxy Lamp!
Zack: Greg Huston