#7: What Gets Us Excited In The Workshop?
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about what keeps them coming back to their workshop endeavors. New tools, new techniques, and more things that keep us moving forward in our making. Enjoy!
What are we working on?
- Zack: Truck, Tables, Wall sconces
- Johnny:Woodturning Christmas Ornaments, Wood Snare Drum / DIY Cajon Snare
- James: Christmas presents, "How To Make A Spokeshave", wooden bar clamps
Show Topic: What Gets Us Excited In The Workshop?
- Learning design (right now, colors and architecture)
- Taking things different directions than standard. Doing something different.
- Most excited when I begin to see the design coming to life
- Knowing that I have good beer when I finish!
- New tools
- New commissions
- New skills
- Learning something new
- Not being in a rush
- Fine detail
- Showing the work off
Q & A from live chat:
From Joey: Do you guys ever do multiple projects at a time? If so, do you like or hate it?
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny:DIY Tyler
- Zack: Roadkill TV Show, Color theory (or is it Keller theory :) )?
Favorite tool this week? (affiliate links which help support the show)
The ridiculous Reddit DiWHY shovel USB stick: https://www.reddit.com/r/DiWHY/comments/4qny1y/usb_stick/