#52: Johnny's Last Show!
In this episode, Johnny says farewell to the Crafted Podcast! The show will continue on with James and Zack under a different name, so keep listening next week.
We’re on Patreon!
Added $250 goal for weekend show. Tons of support levels, weekly After Show, monthly hangouts. Make Build Modify and Deby Brooke!!
What’s new/ what are we working on?
- Zack: Fabtech Build (GET FABTECH TICKETS HERE), Leatherwork.
- Johnny: New Kid! Last podcast.
- James: Counter top, tool rack, a video a week
Show Topic: Working with Butternut, Plane Tills, Mini Series, and More
I recently was able to get a couple hundred board feet of butternut. Looking at the tree identification, I see that it is a very soft wood. What type of projects would it be good for and what type of projects should I probably avoid? Thanks!
I have a 1780s Chinese Calligraphy Scholar Cabinet that truly is in great need of some type of hydration! I am so afraid to touch it because it is so very thin. Could someone recommend something?
Evan Dunville :
I'm going to build a plane till really soon, any suggestions on the angle to use?
Metal & Grain:
Have you explored making mini series for your channels? if so, which ones?
Joke of the week
From Jeff Gruff:
What did the tree do when the bank closed?
It started it's own branch.
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Chris Harris On Cars (see below)
- James: Mortise and Tenon Magazine
- Zack: How to Draw: drawing and sketching objects and environments from your imagination