#5: $1,000 to Outfit a Woodworking Shop
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about their picks for starting a new woodworking shop with a budget of $1,000. Three very different lists, but all are valid options. Enjoy!
What are we working on?
- Zack: Cherry Slab Table
- Johnny: Turning! Posted his DIY sideboard project.
- James: the Dresser!
Show Topic: $1,000 to Outfit a Woodworking Shop
Starting a new woodworking shop can be a potentially expensive task. What would each of us buy if we have a $1,000 budget to start over? See our lists below. What would be on your list? Leave a comment letting us know!
- DEWALT DW715 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw - $200
- DEWALT DCK590L2 20-Volt MAX 5-Tool Combo Kit - $400
- Amazon Prime membership - $100
- Bench Materials to build workbench - $300
- DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw - $529
- Shop-Vac 5-Gallon Wet Dry Vacuum - $60
- DEWALT DCK283D2 Compact Drill/Driver & Impact Driver Kit - $250
- DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Jig Saw - $149
- Wood Whisperer Guild project
- No. 5 Jack Plane
- No. 4 Smoothing Plane
- No. 7 Jointer Plane