#21: Balancing Our Work Lives And Personal Lives with Marc from the Wood Whisperer
In this episode, we have on special guest Marc Spagnuolo of the Wood Whisperer and we're chatting about work/life balance. Running your own business and managing your time is extremely difficult.
What are we working on?
- Zack: Chairs--down to one project!
- Johnny: Published "Live Edge River Coffee Table | How To Build" video, Epifanes for Nelson Bench, spraying
- James: DRESSER!!!!! And new shop space.
- Marc: Designing chairs and comparing finishes
Show Topic: Balancing Our Work Lives And Personal Lives
- Johnny: Working set hours as much as possible, not letting work creep into family time. Staying off my dang phone.
- James: bring them into the passion. Schedule family
The Worst thing ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WMrefP098o
Q & A:
From JD Chambers, Rainfall Projects:
Age old question woodworkers have been asking themselves for millennia: Does a longer, skinnier board go on the bottom of the wood stack or a wider shorter one?
Do you guys have any design tips that help to create projects that are easy to batch out but dont look overly batched out?
Joke of the Week:
"Why was the pine board put in timeout?
Because it was too knotty."
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: AmazingRibs.com, pellet smoker
- James: Northmen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueFiy-uxI4Y
- Zack: Atlanta woodworking show attendees pages
- Marc: Ishitani channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7FkqjV8SU5I8FCHXQSQe9Q