#2: Incorporating Metal & Welding Into Your Woodworking
In Episode #2, Johnny, James and Zack talk about their recommendations for incorporating metal and welding into your woodworking projects. They talk about using brass and aluminum, black pipe, and inexpensive welding options.
What are we working on?
Johnny - Farmhouse-style buffet cabinet: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFqPqPDXeq/?taken-by=craftedworkshop
DIY Bike Rack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9NGzNWb_rQ
James' secret project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAxjZ1z3Pzo
Zack - Wine barrel chandelier https://www.instagram.com/p/BMFLEFmBWtK/?taken-by=zhfabrications
Show Topic: Incorporating metal & welding into your woodworking
- Brass and aluminum are woodworking tool friendly
- Buy a cheap stick welder, for example Lincoln AC225: http://amzn.to/2enaWWS
- Resources: Welding Tips and Tricks, Chucke2009, RetroWeld
- Brazing aluminum video by David Piccuito
- Black pipe
- Differences between MIG, TIG, and stick
What’s new/what are we watching?
- Johnny: Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking book set, Workshop Mastery with Jimmy DiResta book
- James: A Guy Doing Stuff
- Zack: The Slingshot Channel
Favorite tool this week?
- Zack - Speed Square
- Johnny - Woodpeckers Square
- James - Stanley No. 244 Miter Box
Random Topics Mentioned
- Colin Furze go kart with no welding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuRV-uXGy1w
- Evolution Saws RAGE3 Miter Saw: http://amzn.to/2edlzYT
- Affordable TIG welder with good reviews: AHP AlphaTIG 200X http://amzn.to/2eb0GO9
- Ebonizing Wood
- Avanti Pro "spongy" disc: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Avanti-Pro-4-1-2-in-x-5-8-in-11-in-Non-Woven-Quick-Strip-Disc-PNW045STRB01G/202830907