#11: Our Goals for 2017 & What We Learned in 2016
In Episode 11, we talk about our goals for 2017 and what we learned in our woodworking and making skills in 2016. 2016 was a big year for all of us, and it's exciting to look back and see how far we've come.
What are we working on?
- Zack: Maybe barn doors?
- Johnny: Finishing organ cabinet, Published "Making A Simple CNC Sign"
- James: Dresser sides, Panel Gauge
Show Topic: Our Goals for 2017 & What We Learned in 2016
What can we do today that we couldn’t a year ago? What has fear of failure stopped us from doing?
- Johnny: 50,000 subscribers by July, 100k by year end, making a living wage, improve my design and making skills. Tackle more electronics.
- Zack: 100,000 subscribers, ability to be more selective with my projects, better shop and/or setup--lighting, etc.
- James: 400 videos, new shop, Power tools, Dresser, Lathe
Q & A:
Evan Dunville: My question is, How do you guys work differently with longer bigger workpieces ? I find it hard to accurately mill cut and fit parts when they get into the 6-8' range?
Fred McIntyre: Zack and Johnny, have either of you made any tools?
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Crimson Guitars
- James: Paul Jackman - Concrete lamps
- Zack: The Woodwright's Shop - S26E12 - Old Woodworking Machines