DIY Modern Adirondack Chair | How To Build - Woodworking
In this video, I show you how to build a DIY modern Adirondack chair. Adirondack chairs have been around seemingly forever and are almost always built in the same, generic style. I took some design cues from a CB2 chair that's out of production for my modern take on the classic Adirondack chair.
I do have detailed plans available for this build, if you're interested in building one of these modern Adirondack chairs for yourself. The DIY Modern Adirondack Chair plans include a 13-page detailed PDF document including a detailed cutlist and a SketchUp file.
Materials Used On The DIY Modern Adirondack Chair:
- 3 x 1x4x8s, pressure treated Pine
- 1 x 1x6x12, pressure treated Pine
- 1 x 1x8x10, pressure treated Pine
- Titebond III Wood Glue : http://amzn.to/2vYGACS
- ~150 1 ¼" screws, outdoor rated : http://amzn.to/2irlqZu
- General Finishes Exterior 450 : http://amzn.to/2g5P8SW
Tools Used On The DIY Modern Adirondack Chair:
- Rockler Tapering Jig : http://amzn.to/2xdcc6b
- SawStop PCS 1.75-HP Professional Cabinet Saw : http://amzn.to/2aqqRyn
- Festool Kapex Miter Saw : http://bit.ly/festooldealers
- Powermatic PJ-882HH 8-Inch Jointer : http://amzn.to/2phphdg
- Powermatic 15HH 15-Inch Planer : http://amzn.to/2phKqE9
- MIRKA DEROS Sander : http://amzn.to/2oz4QIN
- Rockler HVLP System : http://www.rockler.com/rockler-hvlp-finishing-sprayer-with-spray-gun-cleaning-kit
- Sandpaper Cleaning Stick : http://amzn.to/2iqyE8C
Thanks for watching, hopefully you enjoyed this project. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments below and I'll make sure to respond ASAP!